Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Return to Islay. 15.3.2012.

I was going to put " Return of the Native" until I reminded myself that , in some respects, I live in a foreign land and wouldn't wish to offend  ( particularly after labouring Yorkshire ancestry! ).

The journey went well but didn't produce much at all , despite stopping at lochside vantage points. Sometimes I confess to myself a certain unease at simply noting, unemotionally, five Buzzards in the air at once, or seeing a Red-throated Diver on a loch, as previous to living in Scotland I would have risked life and limb for such a  view, or the seeking out of a secure parking spot, better to gain a good view of the birds. I hope I never get blase about such sights.......

Anyway, home was reached and the necessary domestic tasks completed. A good trip with many memories and with a slautary reminder that there are still many good , and wild, places in which we can see and enjoy our wildlife. Long may it be so1

No comments:

Post a Comment