Friday, July 5, 2013

Announcement for Saturday 6.7.2013.

After speaking to various people this evening I've put the following "arrangement" in place.  I'm going to scour off SW Islay tomorrow morning from first light and work my way up the western side of  Loch Indaal which affords views of the open loch. There is no mobile reception in this area of Islay so I'll return home at 1000 hours and put out some form of report.

I'm well aware of the problems of ferry transfers etc , particularly at this time of year. Turning up at Kennacraig and expecting to roll on with a car is a no-no......it's a Saturday and the busiest day for tourists! From whichever ferry terminal ( Port Ellen or Port Askaig ) it's still a distance to Bowmore ( 10 miles ) and to Portnahaven ( 25/30miles ) so plan carefully!

I don't mind people ringing me at home (01496 860396 )  but you'll have to run the gauntlet of my being available.  Hopefully I'll have some good news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment