Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday 22nd April. disappointing in the extreme !

The day dawned calm, sunny and warm.  Ho, ho , ho, was this going to be a good one , particularly after yesterday's notable Common Swift passage ?

A timely departure straight to Lady's Mile.  Just as we drew to a halt we disturbed a gull from the shoreline that we then failed to relocate.  Combined opinion suggested an immature Mediterranean Gull.  An immediate disaster that didn't bode well I thought.  A few Little Stint and Kentish Plover and 2 Spoonbill relieved the frustration. On to the Akritiri peninsula proper, but this brought no respite either with very little around or new.

Kourian Bay and the Rabbit Farm areas yielded nothing much either , so we called in at Agios Georgios  where the wind strength even made opening the car door difficult. A beast of a day!  We explored various areas, but succeeded with nothing. And so , here I am typing this back at the hotel mid afternoon, acknowledging that this is the first day since my arrival where I haven't seen something new. Pitiful!   What do I do until dinnertime I ask ?

Happy Easter  Monday for all back in the UK

No comments:

Post a Comment