Dear Mr Armitage
Access to information request – Acknowledgement – Request No RFI 2038
Thank you for your request for information about:
o Given that the Forest of Bowland, Lancs is designated as a Special Protection Area and given that key communities of raptors upon which that designation was first based have reduced significantly in recent times,
· what systems of monitoring and their frequency are in place by Natural England to address these matters,
· when was the last formal exercise undertaken and follow up discussions taken with the Shooting Estates,
· what was the precise nature of advice given to address the loss of these species,
· are liaison meetings held to agree burning regimes with respect to the heather moorland,
· which Estates are currently receiving subsidies to assist with moorland management.
I am referring here to routine liaison carried out by NE staff NOT contact work by the research worker associated with the Hen Harrier Recovery
o Recently a road has been put in place onto Blaze Moss, Forest of Bowland. May I enquire if
· Natural England are aware of this and granted permission for it to occur given it is sited within a designated area
· whether this is the precursor to exploratory drilling associated with the fracking for gas within the Bowland Shales
· if such is not the case what is the nature of the development upon which the application rested
· what consultations were held with interested parties
which we received on 8 June 2013. We are dealing with your request under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
Your request is being considered and we will send out our response within the legal deadline of 20 working days which is 5 July 2013, for any reason, we are unable to meet the deadline we will keep you fully informed of the reasons for this.
Customer Services Team
Our Customer Services Team has been awarded the Customer Service Excellence Standard www.naturalengland.org.uk
We are here to secure a healthy environment for people to enjoy, where wildlife is protected and England's traditional landscapes are safeguarded for future generations.
In an effort to reduce Natural England's carbon footprint, I will, wherever possible, avoid travelling to meetings and attend via audio, video or web conferencing.
This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. If
you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose, store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform the sender. Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses whilst within the Natural England systems, we can accept no responsibility once it has left our systems. Communications on Natural England systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.